I was unwanted at Wests Tigers: Marshall

first_imgMarshall starred in his first game back for the Tigers in Saturday’s upset win over the Sydney Roosters, his first game for the club since leaving for Super Rugby club the Auckland Blues at the end of 2013.It was originally understood Marshall’s departure came about following a contract dispute over a potential extension at the club, but the playmaker revealed on Sunday he was left unwanted by the Tigers’ previous administration.”At the time Mick Potter was the coach and the club said to me that I wasn’t going to be in the plans for the future,” Marshall told Triple M NRL.”It’s hard for me to be somewhere where I don’t feel wanted and I just wasn’t feeling that.”Obviously at the time I didn’t want to go to another NRL club because my heart was with the Tigers so that’s why I ended up going to rugby union.”Marshall is one of just four players to have played more than 200 games for the merged club, and is still the most famous player to have turned out for franchise.His latest signature already looks likely to pay off, with regular five-eighth Josh Reynolds expected to be out for up to a month with a hamstring injury.Regardless, Marshall said Potter’s decision had worked in his favour as it had since prolonged his career.”It’s not something I regret because if I didn’t leave I probably would have retired a lot earlier from getting too comfortable there and a bit complacent and just feeling a bit lost the last couple of years there,” he said.”I was able to find a bit of myself again, the reasons why I play footy, enjoying the game.”When something gets taken away from you and it gets given back you appreciate it a bit more.”last_img read more

Read more

Tigers beat Wigmen to finish third

first_imgIt was all done in the second half when the Tigers launched their comeback from a 14-6 deficit at at half time.They wasted no time from the kick off when Noel Joel wrestled his way out of a tackle to score.He converted his own try to put the pressure right back on the Wigmen.The Wigmen replied almost immediately when Kewa Kili ran 50 metres to the try line. Kili ‘ s attempt to convert his own try was futile. Tigers dominated possession in the final 20  minutes  allowing them to strike twice in as many minutes through Ishmael Balkana and Justin Olam. As an added bonus, Tigers also picked up 20 000 kina for being the most consistent team this season.The Wigmen have officially finished in fourth place.The grand final between the Agmark Gurias and the Simbu Lions kicks off at 3pm.last_img read more

Read more

Kimbe starts preparation of PNG Games

first_imgApart from the main location at the old golf course at San Remo, other satellite areas in Hoskins, Kapore and Kulungi have also been cleared by the contractor.Nivani has been contracted to do backfilling at those sites and have cleared all those sites late last year and are continuing this month.More information will be sourced from the Host Organizing Committee and the Provincial Administration on this development next month.last_img

Read more

Dele double ends Chelsea’s run

first_imgThe midfielder nodded home two crosses from Christian Eriksen – both at the back post – to stop the Blues winning for a top-flight record 14th consecutive game.The league leaders went close through Eden Hazard in the first half and Diego Costa in the second, but Spurs have cut Chelsea’s lead at the top to five points and opened up the title race. Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino decided to match Chelsea like-for-like with wing-backs, and Kyle Walker and Danny Rose won the battle against Victor Moses and Marcos Alonso, who have been so instrumental to Antonio Conte’s successful system.Hazard should have fired the Blues in front after just five minutes when he beat the offside trap and was played through one-on-one with Hugo Lloris, but he shot wide of the far post.Walker and Rose were menacing on either flank and Pedro was lucky to escape with just a yellow card when he came in late on the Spurs left-back, stirring back up some resentment from the ‘Battle of the Bridge’ last season.Pedro and Costa then exchanged heated words after Costa failed to play the forward into a shooting position, as Chelsea grew frustrated at being unable to threaten the Tottenham’s goal.And Spurs had a deserved breakthrough on the stroke of the interval when Walker played in Eriksen to cross for Alli to nod home for the fourth consecutive game.Chelsea came firing out of the traps in the second half and could have equalised through either Costa, who forced Lloris to tip wide from long range, or Hazard, who missed a close-range header at the far post.But Alli made no mistake and doubled Spurs’ lead on 54 minutes when Eriksen picked out another well-timee run into the box, and he headed beyond Thibaut Courtois into the far corner – his third brace in as many matches. Chelsea looked forlorn and bewildered, as Pedro found space but headed an Alonso cross feebly at Lloris, and Conte threw on Willian, Cesc Fabregas and Michy Batshuayi.But Tottenham held on for a memorable, fifth straight win to move third in the Premier League and just two points behind second-place Liverpool.Tottenham: Lloris (7), Dier (7), Alderweireld (7), Vertonghen (7); Walker (8), Wanyama (7), Dembele (7), Rose (8), Alli (9), Eriksen (8), Kane (7)Subs used: Winks (6), Sissoko (5), Son (5)Chelsea: Courtois (6), Cahill (6), Luiz (7), Azpilicueta (6); Moses (6), Kante (7), Matic (6), Alonso (6); Pedro (7), Costa (6), Hazard (7)Subs used: Willian (5), Fabregas (5), Batshuayi (6)Man of the match: Dele Allilast_img read more

Read more

The Classic League will be played on Sunday, March 1 at 9:00 p.m.

first_imgDuring the LaLigaTv presentation, channel that will broadcast the Spanish competition in the United Kingdom, Thebes confirmed the schedule of the next Classic. The Classic League between Real Madrid and Barcelona next March 1 will be played at 9:00 p.m. Spanish time (20.00 GMT) at the Santiago Bernabéu stadium, confirmed Javier Thebes, president of LaLiga, at an event held this Wednesday in London.last_img

Read more

Zidane summons Benzema, but not Bale or Ramos

first_imgThe absence of Fede Valverde, for his expulsion for the entrance to Morata in the final of the Spanish Super Cup, he leaves Zidane with only four men available in the center of the field. Even so, he has decided not to count on James Rodriguez. Luka Jovic, who suffered a chafing of the foot, is already in fullness. Eden Hazard Y Marco Asensio They continue with their recovery processes.This is the complete call:Goalkeepers: Courtois, Areola and Altube.Defenses: Carvajal, Militão, Varane, Nacho, Marcelo and Mendy.Midfielders: Kroos, Modric, Casemiro and Isco.Strikers: Benzema, Lucas Vázquez, Jović, Brahim, Vinicius Jr. and Rodrygo. Real Madrid has announced the list of 19 called for the match against Sevilla at the Santiago Bernabéu (Saturday, 16:00 in Movistar LaLiga). As always, Zinedine Zidane will have to make a discard, which will be the third goalkeeper. Karim Benzema, which is not in full physical, is part of the call before the significance of the duel. Not so Sergio Ramos, who has a sprain and, despite his intention, doctors have advised him not to force.As it’s usual, Mariano, on the exit ramp, you will not be on the bench in front of Sevilla. Neither Álvaro Odriozola, preferring to keep Zidane attack men in case the game gets complicated. Surprised Bale’s absence, training with the group since day 14, today he has worked normally and seems fully recovered from his respiratory infection. Yes, there will be Brahim.last_img read more

Read more

Ramos, Rodrygo, Kroos, Modric and Mariano do not travel to Salamanca

first_imgDespite the fact that the Cup is a good showcase for them to enjoy Castilian soccer opportunities, the depth of workforce that Zinedine Zidane has and the new format have forced not take a single youth squad to Salamanca. Odriozola neither does he travel with his companions, for his imminent departure to Bayern Munich. Although they travel regularly, the logical thing is that Madrid present an eleven with fewer players like James, Vinicius, Brahim or Jovic.This is the complete call: Goalkeepers: Courtois, Areola and Altube.Defenses: Carvajal, Militão, Varane, Nacho, Marcelo and Mendy.Midfielders: Casemiro, Valverde, James and Isco.Strikers: Benzema, Bale, Lucas V., Jović, Brahim and Vinicius Jr. Real Madrid has published the list of summoned for the match against Unionists, which will be played tomorrow Wednesday from 9:00 p.m. in Las Pistas del Helmántico. As expected, Zinedine Zidane has left several regular men at home, so rotations are expected for the sixteenth of Copa del Rey.For example, Sergio Ramos, not yet fully recovered from his sprained ankle, stays in Madrid. If you Karim Benzema, who played a few minutes against Sevilla after overcoming the injury that made him stay out of the Spanish Super Cup. As Zidane announced at a press conference, James Y Gareth Bale, ready after suffering discomfort, travel to Salamanca and could be part of the eleven. Kroos, Modric Y Rodrygo They stay at home to rest.last_img read more

Read more

Nadal accounts to recover the number 1 of the ATP

first_imgThe struggle for number one in Indian Wells Djokovic10,18510,20010,22010,26510,35510,53510,77511,175 Rafa Nadal couldn’t recover the number 1 of the ATP rating regardless of successful the title at the Mexican Open Telcel de Acapulco (500 factors, which have to be eliminated 45 that defended 2019), since Novak Djokovic additionally scored 500 factors along with his triumph in the Dubai Responsibility Free Tennis Championship. This fashion Djokovic seems this week in the standings with 10,220 factors for the 9,850 of Nadal.The subsequent event for Nadal to assault the number 1 will happen in the 1,000 Masters of Indian Wells, the place a priori Djokovic begins with a bonus since Nadal defends 360 factors as a semifinalist final 12 months, whereas Djokovic solely defends 45 after falling in the third spherical.To return to occupy the number 1 in the world, Nadal needs to be champion sure or sure, which might add 10,490 factors. Something apart from successful the title would imply one other week of Djokovic main the rating. If Nadal wins the title, the Balearic should look ahead to Djokovic to fall earlier than the Indian Wells semifinals to return to the high of the rating. Nadal9,5009,5159,5359,5809,6709,85010,09010,490center_img 1st Spherical2nd sphericalthird SphericalEighthRoomsSemifinalsFinalistChampion In the case of not having the ability to attain number one, Nadal could have one other new alternative in the Miami Masters 1,000, the place he’ll search for one of the 1,000 Masters who nonetheless resist him in his medal winners, and the place he doesn’t defend factors by not competing final 12 months for the 90s that Djokovic defends in Miami.last_img read more

Read more

Rodrigo Ely: “The most important thing is people’s health”

first_imgThe Italian-Brazilian defender analyzed the last Friday’s draw against Valencia in Mendizorroza. “I think it was a good result against a great team, which helped us to continue in the dynamic we are in right now. When you play at home it is clear that you want to win against your people but let’s not forget that it was Valencia. It was a great draw, “he said.Facing the clash against Espanyol of the Pitu Abelardo, said “It is a very important match against a direct rival. They play a lot but we are going to their field to do our thing. I think we are preparing it very well in training. ” About playing without audiences, said “I’ve been thinking about it and I think I’ve never lived it. The fans are the 12th player but it is also true that the most important thing is the health of the people “he added. On the involvement of the coronavirus in Vitoria He noted that “We have to do everything possible to stop this and not go any further. We have to block it among all for the good of the people. “The Alavés does not put players in press conferences but records them videos, hangs them on YouTube and sends them to the media almost immediately. The protocol is complicated but, taking into account the situation in the capital of Alava, it is exemplary.This week the appearance of Edgar Méndez and Rubén Duarte was scheduled but the club has changed the pace. You can not go to training, there are no public appearances and will not speak Asier Garitano in the previous. As with the rest of LaLiga teams, the next clashes will be without public in the stands.last_img read more

Read more

Arteta launches for Thomas

first_imgAccording to reports The Telegraph, Arsenal would be willing to go for the footballer in the next transfer market. With a cancellation clause of around 50 million euros, the London team would not see it as far-fetched to try to sign the 26-year-old footballer. Meanwhile, Thomas shows his intention to continue as an Atlético footballer, but he lets himself be loved. “Atlético is my home. My agent negotiates with the club, but you never know where each one can end …”he said in an interview at AS. The truth is that Thomas, who ends his contract in 2023 with the entity of the Metropolitan, has on the table an offer to renew Atlético but has not yet signed it. For Simeone it is essential in the midfield. Either with Koke or with another player, but it is backbone member of the team. Not in vain has he played all the games in which he has been available (three absences: one due to injury and two others due to suspension). The rojiblanco coach sees Thomas as a difficult player to replace and for that reason heAnd he has urged the club to make an effort to retain the footballer. Thomas Partey really likes it in England. His physical power and good ball handling stand out for the soccer of the Premier. One of the teams most interested in the Atlético de Madrid footballer is Arsenal. The Spanish coach Mikel Arteta He has the job this summer to rebuild a team at low hours and has focused on the benefits of the Ghanaian midfielder. Matches like the one played by the player at Anfield put him in focus and help revalue the rojiblanco footballer.last_img read more

Read more