“The competition must end, even if it has to be in July or August in Catalonia.” This is how decisive Joan Soteras, president of the Catalan Football Federation (FCF), has shown himself after the meeting he has had today in Terrassa with the presidents of the clubs, as stated by Diari de Terrassa himself. “If we can compete in mid-May, the competition will be over. We can alter the foundations of a competition that has started,” he said. Regarding the contracts that end on June 30, the president added that “there are legal formulas to resolve it.”In line with what the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) decided on Tuesday, the Catalan Federation has also made it clear that the leagues that depend on it must be ended as long as they have the approval of the Ministry of Health to resume the activity and the calendar can be squared. That affects grassroots football too. “The stated will of the FCF is to end the competition this season as long as there are sufficient dates, and considering the health of all the members of the federation as the main priority. For this reason, the resumption of the championships will be authorized at the moment in which the health and sports authorities allow it.”, Communicated. To do this, he has sent another statement to the football clubs to ask them to cancel all the friendly matches and tournaments that were scheduled for the months of June and July, a time when the base football championships have already ended and the to prepare the next season. Thus, the priority is to finish all the leagues of all the categories.While waiting for normality, the FCF may run into the inconvenience that the dates coincide with the end of the schools and with the family holidays: the competitions usually end the last week of May or the first week of June. “The FCF Executive Commission has decided to suspend all authorizations for approved friendly matches during June and July, which may be revoked for reasons of public interest and to guarantee the order of the official competition”, reads the internal statement sent to sports entities.
Grace expects Greinke trade to have emotional impact LISTEN: Gil Brandt, NFL.com analyst & longtime Cowboys personnel guru As far as authorities on the NFL go, Gil Brandt would rank near the top of the list.A former personnel man in the league who is now an analyst for NFL.com, he is respected when it comes to his thoughts on the league.So his thoughts on what the Cardinals have done lately — specifically the hire of Bruce Arians as head coach and then Tom Moore as assistant head coach/offense — should make one take notice. Your browser does not support the audio element. Derrick Hall satisfied with D-backs’ buying and selling Top Stories Comments Share “Well they ought to be put in jail for stealing, to get Tom Moore,” Brandt told Arizona Sports 620’s Doug and Wolf Tuesday. “Tom Moore is one of the all-time great people and one of the really all-time great coaches, as far as I’m concerned.”Moore, 74, brings a wealth of experience with him to the desert, including time as the offensive coordinator in Indianapolis when the Colts won the Super Bowl in 2006.“I think that’s a great hire,” Brandt added, before turning his attention to Arians, who is tasked with turning around a team that went 5-11 last season and had the second-worst scoring offense in the NFL and the worst in terms of yardage.“I thought Arians did a great job this year,” Brandt said of his time as interim head coach and offensive coordinator in Indianapolis. Arians got the job when head coach Chuck Pagano had to leave the team due to leukemia, and compiled a 9-3 record while he was at the helm. “They scored 40 less points than their opponents and won 11 games. They had a big deficit in turnovers, they won 11 games. They had a big deficit in sack differential and won games.“So he must have done something right.” The 5: Takeaways from the Coyotes’ introduction of Alex Meruelo Former Cardinals kicker Phil Dawson retires