Vendor’s Arcade Proposed for Wotten Waven

first_img Share The Hon Parliamentary Representative for the Roseau Valley Constituency, Dr Irving McIntyre has said that plans for a tourism center for the valley have been amended to first establish a vendor’s arcade.Hon McIntyre explained that the original plan for the tourism center could have hurt micro business in the area hence the adjustment to the idea to instead begin with a vendor’s arcade.“Initially we had a massive plan to build a tourism center in Wotten Waven and that would have included the vendor’s arcade, restaurants, booths and shops and even some sulphur pools as well,”he explained, “but in Wotten Waven, we are known  for community tourism and somehow in the plan it was defeating the purpose to have little sulphur pools there, which  would be actually competing with the people in Wotten Waven themselves.”Hon McIntyre added that the initial plan was therefore amended.“We thought let us just shelve these ones a bit and let us come with something new. So, what we are going to do in the first phase is get the vendors arcade; so we can have washroom facilities so the tourists can feel comfortable when they come and all the vendors, all from Wotten Waven, will have their different stalls.“Later we can come to Phase II and Phase III,” he said. “We just didn’t want the initial one where it would be competing. I wouldn’t want the villagers competing with the sulphur pools at that facility that we spoke about.“We are ontrack with this; later this year we will be starting that program. I think that people are pretty pleased [with] the way we are going rather than to have other people from outside just come and take over those things.” The second and third phases were not detailed. Sharing is caring! Share Sharecenter_img 145 Views   no discussions BusinessLifestyleLocalNews Vendor’s Arcade Proposed for Wotten Waven by: – June 29, 2020 Tweetlast_img read more

Read more

Injured Clarke pulls out of Masters

first_imgFormer Open champion Darren Clarke has been been forced to withdraw from this week’s Masters through injury. Clarke pulled a hamstring more than a week ago while on holiday on the Bahamian island of Abaco and will miss the season’s first major championship, which gets under way on Thursday. “It is with deep regret that I will not be able to play at Augusta this year,” Clarke said on his official website. “Playing in the Masters is one of golf’s greatest pleasures and I am very disappointed to be missing out.” Clarke pulled out of last week’s Valero Texas Open in the hope that further rest would speed his recovery, but intensive treatment twice a day failed to have the required results. The 44-year-old Northern Irishman, who missed the cut at Augusta last year on his first appearance since 2007, has yet to set a date for his return to action. center_img Press Associationlast_img read more

Read more