Health Secretary Francisco Duque said there was a 35 percent decline in fireworks-related injuries nationwide from Dec. 21, 2019 to Jan. 1, 2020. “We expect the number of cases to increase as there are late reports still coming from the regions,” Duque said. “Most additional injuries at this time come from children picking up unexploded fireworks from the streets.” MANILA – The numberof injuries due to fireworks has decreased in the run-up toNew Year’s Day 2020, according to the Department of Health (DOH). He added that most of the cases were recorded in Metro Manila. Duque renewed its call for a total ban in firecrackers use in the country as he admitted that more data is needed to support a draft bill on an absolute ban on any kind of firecrackers. Duque noted the 164 total of fireworks-related injuries tallied was lower than the 251 recorded in the same period last year but the numbers could still rise until the DOH ends its monitoring on Jan. 6. “Every firecracker, whether legal or not, can be injurious. We hope the Duterte administration will be able to create a legacy of an absolute ban on fireworks so we’ll have zero injuries,” Duque said. “Maraming ligtas na paraan para makapag ingay.”/PN No reported deaths due to firecrackers so far, Duque said. “But overall, the National CapitalRegion has registered a 16 percent drop in the number of fireworks-relatedinjuries,” the DOH secretary said, adding that only four percent of thefireworks-related injuries required amputation as most of the injury cases werejust burn and eye injuries. Children play with sparklers at Divisoria market in Manila on Tuesday. Authorities have banned the use of dangerous firecrackers, prompting New Year revelers to buy safer alternatives, such as party horns and harmless firecrackers. ABS-CBN NEWS Based on DOH’s data, top causes of firecracker injuries were due to kwitis, lusis, fountain fireworks, and piccolo. Most of the injuries happened from streets and residential homes.
Former England international, Ashley Young, has claimed Inter are capable of winning ‘at least one trophy’ this term but still believes the Beneamata can double down. Ashley Young and Christian Eriksen know what it’s all about to play in a fierce derby match The Nerazzurri sit eight points behind league leaders Juventus with nine games remaining and have regained confidence after back-to-back wins against Parma and Brescia. But Young points out that there are two titles on offer, as Inter face Getafe in the last 16 of the Europa League. “We hope to end the year by winning a trophy,” Young told Sky Sport Italia. “Next year is the future and we want to win now. “It’s better if we can do it immediately, that’s our target. We are in the running for both the Scudetto and the Europa League. We have the chance to win at least one trophy. “I’m convinced we can conquer them both. There’s the possibility to win in Europe.” Young has praised the quality in place at San Siro and expects to play to go all the way in the Europa League. “We are a great team with fantastic players, ready to do our best. We get along off the pitch, that’s an aspect that increases the chances of winning. “When the Europa League starts, I’m sure we will play to win.” The former Manchester United player has pointed out the ‘tactical’ differences in Italian football but claimed he jumped at the ‘opportunity’ when Inter came for him. read also:Ashley Young in line for new Inter Milan deal “The Italian League is more tactical than the Premier League. It’s a fantastic tournament that I have followed for many years. “Coming to Inter was an opportunity, as soon as I heard about the possibility, I replied: ‘Of course, where do I have to sign?’ “I was looking forward to starting training with my teammates and playing games.” Antonio Conte has brought five players from the Premier League since he arrived at the Giuseppe Meazza and Young has highlighted the former Chelsea coach’s ‘passion’ for the game. “He’s a coach with a lot of quality and passion for football, you see him on the sidelines.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading…
Tan revealed he has held talks with Hammam, who he invited to Cardiff’s home game with Bolton in April to witness the club receiving the Championship trophy, and is hopeful a deal can be struck soon. Should negotiations conclude successfully the Malaysian said he would convert the substantial amount he is owed by the club into equity. “We are talking to Sam Hammam to try to resolve the Langston issue,” Tan told a press conference at the University of South Wales in Treforest, where he received an honorary doctorate. “I have been talking to Sam. We have been friendly, talking. I like to regard Sam now as my friend and we will come around and resolve this. We are, I think, days away from an agreement.” Tan added: “We are days away from an agreement and then we can convert all the loans to equity. That will make us much more secure and hopefully debt free, which is good. That’s my goal – to make the club debt-free, so that the club won’t be under any threat and after that we just have to manage it prudently, run it like a business.” Tan, however, was also critical of a section of the club’s support. Some fans remain unhappy at the move to change the colour of the club’s home shirts from blue to red. The Malaysian has called on all supporters to get behind the club, but suggested he would be willing to walk away if enough fans opposed his running of the club. He said: “I want to be here for as long as I am very welcome. If too many fans show we are not welcome, maybe you will have a new owner. But right now my experience is we are very welcome. We need the fans to support us and not be negative or disruptive or unnecessarily criticise us too much.” He added: “I’m disappointed that after 51 years of not being in the top-flight that there are still some fans who don’t think we have done a good job. I may say maybe they are not grateful so that part is disappointing. But like anything in life in democracy you won’t have 100 per cent support.” Tan also confirmed Cardiff have reached an agreement with FK Sarajevo of Bosnia to work together to develop young players, talks over a similar link-up are also reported to have been held with Croatia’s HNK Dubrovnik. The debt to Swiss-based financial company Langston, of whom former Bluebirds chief Sam Hammam is a representative, was taken out in 2004 and is believed to be worth £24million. Cardiff’s most recent financial figures showed the club are £83million in debt. Press Association Cardiff owner Vincent Tan claims he is close to reaching an agreement with creditors Langston Corporation which could help the club become debt free.
A DEFAULT notice has been issued on the Cayman Islands home owned by embattled former CONCACAF president Jeffrey Webb.According to Cayman Island Compass, the notice has been levied on the property after loan payments have fallen almost US$41,630 in areas.Reports have surfaced that a restriction was placed on the property in July 2015, with a deadline set for December 2, after the assets of Webb were frozen by a United States court last year.Two weeks after the deadline passed attorneys for Fidelity Bank sought to recover the amount they claimed was owed on the property since November 2, 2016, according to the land records.“By this letter, we give you notice to pay the arrears immediately,” the notice stated, further indicating that the total amount still owed stood at US$367,326.If full payment of the arrears was not received within seven days of the notice, the bank stated, the property would be advertised for sale and could be sold within three months of the demand notice.Webb is currently facing racketeering and money-laundering charges in relation to deals brokered on behalf of world football’s governing body FIFA during his tenure as an executive.Public records show that the property was gifted to Webb in 1998 by a relative, but in November 2002, a $390,000 charge was taken on the property via a loan from British American Bank Ltd. The name of the bank was changed to Fidelity over 10 years ago.(Sportsmax)