Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
After a week of mulling over the best course of action, the government has made the decision to repatriate 68 Indonesian crew members of the Diamond Princess cruise ship in Yokohama, Japan.Coordinating Human Development and Culture Minister Muhadjir Effendy said 68 out of the 78 Indonesian citizens on the cruise ship would be taken home by air, without specifying whether they would be flown out in a commercial or military airplane.“What is important now is [the evacuation] would be carried out using an aircraft. The evacuation will occur after we coordinate over the time of the evacuation with the Japanese government,” the minister said in his office on Thursday as quoted by kompas.com. Family member shows a picture of their son Dimas Wahyu Pratama who is still aboard the Diamond Princess in Need, Mojosongo, Boyolali, Central Java, Wednesday (2/26/2020). (Antara/Aloysius Jarot Nugroho )Two Indonesian crew members who were declared healthy chose to stay in Japan, while the eight who tested positive for the coronavirus were still under treatment in Japan.Read also: Coronavirus: Indonesian citizens aboard Diamond Princess to be put in 28-day quarantine after returning homeForeign Minister Retno LP Marsudi said initially that nine people tested positive. However, she later confirmed that authorities found that one of the nine had in fact tested negative, meaning only eight Indonesians aboard the ship were infected. “The evacuation is voluntary. If our citizens decide to stay there, we cannot force them to be evacuated,” Retno said.Health Minister Terawan Agus Putranto said the 68 Indonesians would be quarantined on the largely uninhabited Sebaru Island in Thousand Islands regency, Jakarta, upon returning to Indonesia.Aerial photo of Sebaru Kecil Island in the Thousand Islands, Jakarta, Monday (2/26/2020). (Antara/Akbar Nugroho Gumay)The island will hold in quarantine 188 Indonesian crew members of the World Dream cruise ship, which suspended its operations after docking in Hong Kong and spending days in quarantine at the Kai Tak Cruise terminal earlier this month.The crew was picked up by the Dr. Soeharso naval hospital ship in the Durian Strait, Karimun, Riau Islands, on Wednesday afternoon and transported to Sebaru Island for observation.“They [Diamond Princess crew] will be put on the same island [as the World Dream crew]. However, the quarantine zones and buildings will be separated,” Terawan said.Read also: BNPB promises better facilities for quarantined World Dream crew membersThe government has been in discussions with its Japanese counterpart regarding the technicalities of the evacuation. The Indonesian government previously said evacuating citizens from the Diamond Princess would risk the spread of infection.“[We are] being careful and considering [the possible consequences] in handling the situation. We cannot be pressured or in a hurry […] All decisions must be thought out carefully,” President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo said on Wednesday.Japanese authorities quarantined the 3,711 passengers and crew members of the Diamond Princess for two weeks from Feb. 5. By the time the quarantine was over 14 days later, 634 of those aboard tested positive for the coronavirus.Before the decision to repatriate the Indonesians aboard the Diamond Princess was announced, the crew members had expressed hope that the government would airlift them home to prevent any further chance of infection. (syk)Topics :
To counter a slump in exports and the retail sector, the government said it planned to boost spending on welfare and jobs by 10.7%, and allocate 11.9% more on social infrastructure projects.The central bank kept interest rates steady on Thursday, but sharply downgraded its 2020 growth outlook. The Bank of Korea said gross domestic product would likely shrink 1.3% in 2020 – the biggest contraction in more than two decades – from a previous forecast for a 0.2% decline.In the latest blow to economic activity, a minor league baseball pitcher tested positive for the coronavirus on Monday, casting doubt on the rest of the sport’s season, Yonhap news agency reported.In late July fans had been allowed to attend baseball games in limited numbers, but with the rising number of infections, stadiums were once again closed to fans by mid-August. “[Some] downturns are inevitable in the real economy due to the tightened preventive measures,” Vice Finance Minister Kim Yong-beam said at a policy meeting.In an unprecedented move for South Korea, the government on Friday restricted the operation of restaurants, coffee shops and so-called cram schools in the greater Seoul area. Churches, nightclubs and most public schools had already been ordered to close.The Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported 235 new coronavirus cases as of midnight Monday, bringing the country’s total to 20,182 cases and 324 deaths.Daily cases have dropped slightly for five straight days, although they have remained in the low-hundreds for nearly three weeks as a second wave of infections sweeps through densely populated Seoul and spreads around the country. Topics : Measures imposed in South Korea to blunt a surge in coronavirus cases will hurt Asia’s fourth-biggest economy, the government warned on Tuesday, after unprecedented restrictions went into effect in Seoul and surrounding areas.South Korea’s economy shrunk by a seasonally adjusted 3.2% in the April-June period from the previous quarter, revised central bank data showed, the sharpest contraction since the final quarter of 2008. South Korean exports fell for a sixth straight month in August.The government unveiled plans to increase spending aggressively for the next few years and said it was prepared to boost policy support should the rate of infection worsen significantly.
Governor Tom Wolf on Coming Together to Combat Addiction SHARE TWEET October 21, 2016 By: The Office of Governor Tom Wolf Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf SHARE Email Facebook Twitter Substance Use Disorder, The Blog, Videos Together, we have taken important steps to stop this crisis in Pennsylvania. But we have more to do.In order to stem the tide of opioid abuse and make progress for those suffering from the disease of addiction and their loved ones, we must work quickly and efficiently to pass bills to send to Governor Wolf’s desk.During his joint address, Governor Wolf said that he hopes to pass legislation that will strengthen the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program, improve and increase education about opioid use disorder, limit opioid prescriptions to emergency room patients and minors, require insurance companies to cover abuse deterrent opioids, and establish a voluntary directive if they do not want to be prescribed opioids.Visit on.pa.gov/opioids to learn more about how the Wolf Administration is working to provide real solutions to save lives and help addicted individuals and their families get the treatment they need to live long, productive lives.
232 Jefferson Lane, Palm Beach is set to go to auction later this month.ON one of the Gold Coast’s most renowned streets that doubles as Palm Beach’s millionaire’s row, sits a brand new modern beach house.And the block it sits on is on the market for the first time in 25 years. The two-level coastal property features a stone benchtop in the kitchen. The famed vista from Jefferson Lane.“My wife bought the land in her early twenties,” said vendor David Schwarz. “There was no set plan with what to do with it, we always intended to sell. There was a little beach house there before.”“Then I retired and we thought we’d do it for a bit of fun.”More from news02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa19 hours ago02:37Gold Coast property: Sovereign Islands mega mansion hits market with $16m price tag2 days agoThe couple worked with a company with Mrs Schwarz “changing the design a bunch of times”, before settling on an immaculate, two-level beach house with features including a stone benchtop in the kitchen, optional fourth bedroom or media room, high ceilings, white interiors and quality finishes. The interior is contemporary and coastal.The property boasts filtered ocean views and is just steps from the beach, while the main living areas on the upper level open to an undercover alfresco setting that welcomes the coastal breezes and sound of nearby surf. Dual street frontage at the provides enough space to accommodate five cars, or store the boat or caravan. There is also enough space for a pool to go in.The Schwarzs, who live on the central coast of New South Wales, spent three months living at the property after it was built. Ocean glimpses are on offer. The luxurious property could be used as a holiday rental.“It was lovely, it’s a very nice house,” Mr Schwarz said.The listing details the potential return on the property, estimating it could attract up to $1100 per week as a permanent rental investment, up to $3500 per week during school holidays and more than $6000 per week during the upcoming Commonwealth Games.
Hernandez is house hunting in Los Angeles with gorgeous law graduate, model and travel blogger Sarah Kohan. The Australian, 26, now has more than 1.5m Instagram followers who see her post cheeky snaps from around the world. The loved-up pair had their first child soon after but she has maintained her remarkable figure as shown to her 1.5million Instagram followers. Sarah made headlines when she was spotted showing off her curves in front of one of the capital’s most famous landmarks – St Paul’s Cathedral. Sarah, who goes by ‘moonstrucktraveller’ on social media, said she had a “Marilyn moment” while posing across from Christopher Wren’s masterpiece from 1675 at Madison rooftop terrace. Ex-Manchester United and LA Galaxy striker, Javier Hernandez’s wife, Sarah Kohan, has confessed that she always like to expose her nakedness in public. Born in Sydney, Sarah has Romanian heritage.She graduated from Notre Dame doing a law degree in 2018, having completed exchange courses at prestigious Harvard and Columbia universities. The Australian said she wanted to intern with the International Criminal Court in the Netherlands – although that may be on hold with her modelling career soaring. Sarah loves to travel and has been blogging about her experiences since December 2016. Her blogs have seen her social media following grow and grow, from less than 20,000 when she started to 1.2million now. One image, in which she was posing naked with sushi, had the caption: “…me during two of my favourite activities. “1) Being naked and 2) eating sushi.” She has travelled around the world and loves taking pics alongside wild animals. Sarah has been seen feeding sharks and giraffes, as well as swimming in clear oceans with whales. Sarah has only started dating Hernandez in the build-up to the 2018 World Cup and it is unclear how and where they met. She supported the striker during the tournament, where she posted pictures in a ‘Chicharito 14’ Mexico shirt. It’s also not known if the pair were together when Hernandez held a raucous pre-World Cup bash for his birthday. Local reports in Mexico had claimed that the striker, as well as several team-mates, entertained a group of 30 escorts at a large house in Mexico City. Hernandez later denied the women were escorts. After the World Cup, the pair headed to Miami for a relaxing holiday.The couple confirmed their relationship with a picture at Stonehenge. Sarah wrote on Instagram: “Crazy for you…grateful for this love of ours. “Everyday with you is an adventure filled with freedom, happiness, laughter and so much love. “Thank you for being you. “Te amo mucho mucho mucho mucho little pea.” The couple confirmed their relationship with a picture at Stonehenge. Sarah wrote on Instagram: “Crazy for you…grateful for this love of ours. “Everyday with you is an adventure filled with freedom, happiness, laughter and so much love. Read Also:Javier Hernandez joins LA Galaxy from Sevilla “Thank you for being you. “Te amo mucho mucho mucho mucho little pea.” A day later, the happy couple then shared a cheeky picture with Hernandez fulfilling “the dream of most followers” – slapping Sarah on the bum. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading…
Thanks to Tom Dunker, my wife and I went to see the Indianapolis Indians play the Toledo Mudhens this past Sunday. This was the first time my wife and I visited Victory Field in Indianapolis. The AAA affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates did not have a good day as they lost the game 6-1.That was the only negative part of the experience. We parked less than 100 feet from the gate to the stadium and had seats in the shade along the first base line which were great on a 90 degree afternoon. The AAA brand of baseball is very good, the stadium is well kept, and the prices are still within reach of an average family. This could be seen in the number of families who attended the game. The fact that children eat free on Sundays might have helped!It was a lovely day, and if you want a non-stressful trip to a ball park this is certainly the way to go. We hope to go back!!
Ibrahimovic spent the first part of the coronavirus pandemic in his native Sweden, keeping himself fit as he trained with Hammarby. Hammarby is the club the 38-year-old owns a 23.5 percent share in, and sporting director Jesper Jansson said ‘there’s a chance’ he could play for the side before he retired.Advertisement However, he touched down in Milan this evening ahead of a 14-day quarantine period. read also:Zlatan Ibrahimovic set for Milan return Only after that can he check into Milanello for medical tests and individual training, although the Rossoneri may have resumed group work by then. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 As expected, Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has returned to Italy and will now observe two weeks of self-isolation. Loading… Promoted ContentWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?The Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreFantastic-Looking (and Probably Delicious) Bread ArtBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime10 Extremely Dirty Seas In The WorldSome Impressive And Almost Shocking Robots That Exist10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do6 TV Shows That Got Better After A Major Character Had Left7 Things That Actually Ruin Your PhoneThe Funniest Prankster Grandma And Her Grandson10 Phones That Can Easily Fit In The Smallest Pocket
By Brian NealDONNELLSON, Iowa (Aug. 4) – Jeff Waterman, John Oliver Jr. and Brandon Lennox cashed the big checks following their IMCA features wins Friday, on night two of Lee County Speedway’s Summerfest special.Waterman regained the lead on the 23rd circuit to earn the $1,000 IMCA Modified checkers and 2018 Fast Shafts All-Star Invitational ballot berth.Oliver led all but the opening circuit to take the $1,000 IMCA Sunoco Stock Car checkers ahead of Jeff Mueller and David Brandies.Twenty-four Karl Chevrolet Northern SportMods took the green flag in their main event and Lennox took the $1,000 win by half a car length over the 18th starting Tony Dunker.Brandon Reu paced a caution-free Mach-1 Sport Compact main event.
RelatedPosts Super Eagles soar on FIFA ranking COVID-19: FIFA count cost to football Ministry reads riot act to NFA, Clubs over resumption of league An FCT High Court in Maitama, Abuja on Tuesday fixed December 16 for the office of the Attorney General of the Federation to report on the harmonisation of the cases against some Nigeria Football Federation officials in the alleged misappropriation of a $9.5 million grant from world’s football governing body, FIFA.Justice Peter Affen had earlier fixed October 22 for ruling in the application filed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to join the NFF President, Amaju Pinnick, and Secretary-General, Dr. Mohammed SanusiThe EFCC dragged three officials of Federation before the court in an alleged $9.5 million FIFA grant misappropriation before applying on April 30 to join both Pinnick and Sanusi in the matter as co-defendants.Those being tried earlier were Christopher Andekin, NFF Director of Administration and Finance; Reagan Zaka, Cashier; and Fadanari Mamza, Head, Finance and Account Department.The EFCC charged the defendants with five counts bordering on criminal conspiracy, breach of trust and misappropriation.The EFCC alleged that they conspired between January 8 and 26, 2015 to commit the offence, contrary to Section 97 of Penal Code.Andekin was alleged to have been entrusted with money meant for the development of football in Nigeria, a grant from the world football body.He was alleged to have fraudulently diverted $1.3 million from the NFF domiciliary account with Zenith Bank Plc, an act that is contrary to Section 311 of the Penal Code.Zaka, on his part, was said to have fraudulently diverted $7.2 million rom the FIFA grant, while Mamza was accused of diverting $2.3 million.The defendants all pleaded not guilty to the charge.On June 27, while adopting processes filed in support of the application for joinder, the prosecuting counsel, Steve Odiase, urged the court to grant the application.According to Odiase, the charge filed by the government against the first, second defendants and both Pinnick and Sanusi at the Federal High Court in Abuja was different from the one at the FCT High Court.On his part, counsel for the defendants, Festus Ukpe, while adopting affidavits opposing the joinder, urged the court to refuse the application.At the resumed hearing, Abubakar Musa, senior state counsel, Federation Ministry of Justice, told the court that the Attorney General of the Federation wants all the matters against the defendants pending in different courts to be harmonised.Musa prayed the court that in the interest of justice and to avoid abuse of Court processes that time should be given to them to harmonise the cases.The EFCC counsel, Makinde Olufemi, told the court that they are left with no option than to go with the possible date given.Justice Affen then adjourned until December 16 for the AGF to report on the outcome of the harmonisation.Tags: AGFAmaju PinnickFIFAMohammed SanusiNFF