Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Cllr. Sylvia Tarley, applies the polymeric chemical products on the 14th Military Hospital Road. South Africa-based Polyroads-West Africa has commenced paving the newly constructed roads to the 14th Military Hospital, using a significant amount of polymeric chemical products in its makeup.To enhance the pavement of the 1-kilometer road in Schiefflin Town, Margibi County, the Edward Binyah Kesselly (EBK) Military Barracks, the product, Soiltech MK III stabilizer, a new technological chemical product used for constructing roads, is being tested on the road.At the pavement site on Sunday, November 24, Cllr. Sylvia Tarley, who is one of the persons behind Polyroads –Liberia, said it was about time Liberians support the government in achieving its policies, particularly roads connectivity, “because the government alone cannot do it all.”She said as a lawyer, she has a passion to always fetch things that will benefit the country.Cllr. Tarley said that Polyroads-Liberia is a well-established construction firm that has the country at heart.She said if the government gives them the go-ahead to do roads in the country, things will change for the better since they have quality materials that can help preserve constructed roads.Cllr. Tarley and her workers at the road pavement site leading to the 14th Military Hospital.In addition to building new road networks with smart materials, the female lawyer said her company also employs local’s skill and un-skill labours in the construction of the road where they mostly pay each laborer US$10 on a daily basis.In his intervention, Wilfred Success Hoto, director of highway maintenance at the Ministry of Public Works (MPW), said he is satisfied with the level of work being done by the company.“If this test is proven to be good, then we are going to advise the government to embrace this new road designs and construction technologies that will speed up construction time and reduce costs, “Hoto said.He said if the smart material product is perfect, it would help to fast-forward infrastructure development, the first criteria being the connectivity of villages to the main arterial roads.“As for the asphalt pavements, government spent up to US$1 million just for a 1km of road, but for the new technology; we are now spending about US$300,000 for the same 1KM road,” Hoto said, adding, “We just waiting for this test to be successful then we are going to advise the government adequately.”Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The Northeast BC/Yukon Trackers lace up the skates again for two games this weekend.The Trackers are coming off a three games last weekend that saw them go 1-1-1. Team Manager Sheldon Craig-Steele said, “The team was a little disappointed with the result from last weekend. The games they won they should’ve lost and they played better in the losses and the tie and felt those two games should’ve been wins.”Tonight’s game in Peace River against the Peace River Royals presents a chance for the Trackers to leapfrog them in the Bouchier Division standings. Steele added, “The team is excited to play Peace River tonight before returning home and playing Sherwood Park. We are hoping to be sitting in top spot in the division come Sunday morning.”- Advertisement -Injuries have a taken a bit of a toll on the team. Forward John Herrington is out with a bad back, and the team was missing their top two defenceman last week. However, Tyler Turner is expected to make his return to the lineup tonight.Puck drop tonight is 7:00 p.m. in Peace River. Tomorrow’s game gets underway at 7:30 p.m. at the Memorial Arena in Dawson Creek.
Negotiations for the new Peace River Fair Share Funding Agreement resumed in early May, after the province modified its earlier position, and broadened its framework to a level which Fort St. John and Taylor felt they could work within.“It’s in the hands of the provincial government now,” said Dawson Creek Mayor Dale Bumstead. “I still haven’t heard anything, on what the status is, but I’m sure the government will be making an announcement soon.”The Provincial Government sought to break an existing 15-year deal, signed in 2005, in order to address its falling revenues, following the down turn in the oil and gas industry. The government wanted to negotiate a new 15-year deal, with more affordable terms, and an expiration date of 2030. However, communities in the region, most notably Fort St. John and Taylor objected to the proposed changes as it would mean a $6 million reduction revenue for 2015, and a further potential reduction of $70 million by 2019.- Advertisement -Fair Share was created in 1998, initially to provide funds for infrastructure renewal in the Peace River Regional District, for a period of 10 years. Thanks to the commitment on the part of the provincial government to the needs of communities in BC’s northeast, Fair Share continues to bridge the gap between the economic benefits of having access to the industrial tax base when it’s located outside municipal boundaries but is still putting a strain on local policing, water, sewer, roads and hospitals.
Swansea boss Garry Monk has warned Liverpool that it would take an “astronomical fee” to land striker Wilfried Bony in January.The 25-year-old signed a one-year contract extension with the Swans last month and is the club’s top scorer with six goals from 13 Premier League appearances this season.In contrast, Liverpool have struggled for goals this season with Raheem Sterling the club’s top scorer in the League with three goals, while Daniel Sturridge has been ruled out until the new year with a thigh injury.But Monk has refuted the Reds’ interest for his leading marksman, insisting Swansea are not a selling club.“We’re not a selling club, we don’t have to sell anyone,” said Monk.“This is the start of who is going where with the window, but we’re very much committed with our players and they’re committed to us.He added: “He wants to score goals, that’s his job. He enjoys it, that’s what he lives for and hopefully he continues that.“I’ve said many times before in football that money does dictate things but it would take an astronomical fee for anyone to take him anywhere.” Wilfried Bony 1
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREBasketball roundup: Sierra Canyon, Birmingham set to face off in tournament quarterfinals“You can count on me,” he said. “I am on the side of ordinary Californians.” He accused Westly of “defending tax breaks for big corporations,” trying to buy the election with $22.5 million in donations from his own pocket and refusing to take on Republican Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger. “This election isn’t about who stood up to Arnold; it’s about making California work again,” Westly replied. “I’ve stood up to the governor when he’s wrong.” “You stood up to Arnold Schwarzenegger like Ed McMahon stood up to Johnny Carson,” Angelides sniped. Westly also said Angelides’ claim that he had defended tax breaks for big corporations is a lie. SAN FRANCISCO – The top Democrats in the governor’s race, state Treasurer Phil Angelides and state Controller Steve Westly, went on the attack Wednesday night in their last debate before the June 6 primary. Westly called Angelides a career politician and a “champion smear artist” who wants to raise taxes by $10 billion. He questioned whether Angelides’ campaign contributions from real-estate interests would influence his decisions. “What have they bought with that money?” he asked. Angelides cited his support from the Sierra Club and other environmental groups and said his proposed tax increases are aimed at wealthy individuals and corporations, not the middle class, and would allow the state to fully fund schools. The two candidates agreed on some issues. Both said they would consider amendments to the state’s “three strikes, you’re out” sentencing law, oppose the war in Iraq, support basic services for illegal immigrants and would work to cut housing costs. But the debate’s overall tone was negative. Angelides said Westly’s assertion that he wanted to raise taxes by $10 billion “was as phony as (his) claim” that Westly’s programs as controller had brought an extra $3.5 billion into state coffers. “You forget about all the other taxes you propose,” Westly countered. “Small-business owners, working Californians aren’t millionaires.” A Los Angeles Times poll released April 29 had Westly leading Angelides 33 percent to 20 percent among likely Democratic primary election voters, although 45 percent remained undecided.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
A man claims he was kicked in the face by a county councillor causing his nose to be broken and three of his teeth to be broken.Seamus O’Donnell was giving evidence against Donegal County Councillor John O’Donnell at Letterkenny Circuit Court. O’Donnell has gone on trial charged with assault causing harm to two men in two separate incidents.John O’Donnell, from Kilmacrennan, appeared at Letterkenny Circuit Court today.He is charged with assault causing harm to Emmet Gallagher, now aged 22, at the Sultan Takeaway in the early hours of the morning of February 23rd, 2015.He is also charged with assault causing harm to another man Seamus O’Donnell, aged 29, at Gortlee, Letterkenny.Mr O’Donnell, aged 37, has pleaded not guilty to both charges.Seamus O’Donnell told the court how he had to have his nose “packed” on three different occasions after being sent to Sligo General Hospital from Letterkenny University Hospital the day after the attack.Mr O’Donnell claims he approached John O’Donnell after his friend Emmett Gallagher was punched by Mr O’Donnell in the Sultan Takeaway.He admitted asking Mr O’Donnell “What the f*** did you hit the wee boy for?”Barrister for John O’Donnell, Mr John Berry said the fact that Mr Seamus O’Donnell used an expletive in his query brought a tone of aggression to the conversation.Mr Berry put it to Mr Emmett Gallagher that there was a lot of drink taken on the night.“There was drink involved as you said. You wouldn’t be saying that if there was a single sherry or a small glass of wine involved,” he said.Mr Gallagher agreed.Earlier in the case, Mr Gallagher also said that he had been punched in the face by John O’Donnell in the Sultan Cafe.Another friend of the injured men, Paddy Gallagher said he did not really see a fight between John O’Donnell and Seamus O’Donnell but did see John kicking Seamus.“No I didn’t see the fight, just scuffling but I saw the kick. I know what I witnessed. It was four years ago but you’ll always remember something like that,” he said.The case is expected to last three days.At court. Copyright Donegal Daily. No part of this report may be reproduced or broadcast without permission. Man claims county councillor punched and kicked him in the face was last modified: December 13th, 2018 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
moving on And his agent Dmitri Seluk claimed Toure would play for as little as £1-a-week in order to stay in the Premier League.However, it is understood he wants a huge signing-on fee and bonuses, which could take his package over £100,000-a-week.It’s been a busy few days for the London club who completed the signing of Jack Wilshere earlier this week, while Dimitri Payet has also been linked with a shock return. RANKED LIVING THE DREAM Toure is looking for a new club after leaving City at the end of the season Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Ndidi bid, targets named, Ozil is ‘skiving little git’ Cavani ‘agrees’ to join new club and will complete free transfer next summer Toure appeared to have a fractious relationship with Guardiola Yaya Toure held talks with West Ham but the Premier League club are unsure about signing the free agent.The Hammers were interested in signing the ex-Manchester City star after his contract expired in the summer. IN DEMAND LATEST Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade targets The biggest market value losers in 2019, including Bale and ex-Liverpool star 2 “There are worries he might actually disrupt the dressing room and there is also little time for his agent.“The comments about Guardiola have made them think twice, and they also wonder if he still has it in his legs.“It would take a lot of convincing from the new manager, who is currently focused on a lot of other things.”Toure would like to stay in England as his family are settled here. Tony Cascarino backs Everton to sign two strikers for Carlo Ancelotti 2 Where every Premier League club needs to strengthen in January Although he will be viewed as one of City’s greatest players in modern times, Toure’s career has had some controversial moments.He accused current City boss Pep Guardiola of having a problem with African players in a scathing personal attack – something Guardiola denies.And according to The Sun, West Ham have all-but given up on offering the Ivorian a deal and thus extending his eight-year stay in England.A Hammers source said: “Manuel Pellegrini might like him but Toure is perceived as by some others as having too much baggage. targets Kevin De Bruyne ‘loves Man City and wants to keep winning’, reveals father Latest transfer news on talkSPORT.com REVEALED Man United joined by three other clubs in race for Erling Haaland
Messages of congratulations are flooding in for Donegal businessman Jason Black who reached the summit of Mount Everest earlier today.The owner of the Voodoo Nightclub in Letterkenny broke the news to family and friends overnight.The well-known entrepreneur overcame various obstacles as well as watching two fellow climbers perish on the huge mountain. He has spent the past number of days trying to conquer the notorious North Ridge to get to the top of the world’s highest mountain.Jason, who became the first Donegal man to conquer the mountain is expected to get a heroes welcome when he returns to Donegal.However, his challenge is by no means over as he still has to come down the mountain.His wife Sharon and four children had been waiting anxiously for news of Jason’s challenge. Jason had tried to reach the summit to coincide with eldest daughter Lura’s birthday but was juts a few hours late.The Mayor of Letterkenny and Jason’s brother-in-law, Cllr Dessie Larkin, said the family were so relieved that Jason had reached the top of Everest in one piece.“We have been lighting candles and praying for Jason since he left and everyone is so relieved that he has got there safely.“When we heard of the deaths of other climbers along the way, it brought home how dangerous what he was doing actually was.“We are just so happy for him and for Sharon and the family and we pray now that he gets down safely,” said Mayor Larkin. Friends and family were able to keep in touch with Jason’s exploits after he kept a blog outlining his journey.Meanwhile Mayor Larkin also promised to buy Jason his favourite drink when he arrives back in Letterkenny – a Morgan Spice but without ice!“I don’t think he’ll want to see ice or snow for a long time,” he laughed.Jason is due back in Ireland this Saturday. HE’S DONE IT! JASON FINALLY CONQUERS EVEREST was last modified: May 19th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Jason BlackMt EverestVOODOO
Donegal GP and former Government Minister Dr. James McDaid has said he has concerns over a lack of transparency from the Good and New charity which operates the cancer bus to Galway.It follows revelations in today Sunday Times newspaper in which the Donegal charity has been found to have received over €400,000 more than it spent in the past two years.An investigation by the newspaper showed its expenditure for recent years.In its return to the charities regulator, the Good and New Shop reported income of more than €815,000 over 2015 and 2016, and expenditure of €390,780.The charity’s income was €231,440 for 2015 while expenditure was €101,130.The operator of the bus service say it needs €1,000 to operate the service.Last week Good and New Shop refused to answer questions on its finances or corporate governance, the newspaper reports.When approached by the newspaper, the chairman of the charity, Eamon McDevitt said the charity’s accountant was in Australia and he would not be talking to him until the New Year.He told the Sunday Times “We just work here in the charity. What comes in, comes in and what goes out, goes out,” he said.The chairman of the Donegal Hospice, Dr James McDaid, said he was “really surprised” that the charity had raised more than €815,000 in the past two years as he said Mr McDevitt warned him the bus was close to being “forced off the road.”For the full story see today’s Irish edition of the Sunday Times. Dr. McDaid expresses concern as ‘cash-strapped’ cancer bus has €400K surplus was last modified: December 18th, 2017 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:cancer busdonegalDr James McDaidGod and NewSunday Times